Helicopter Night Rating Training Courses in Gloucestershire
Helicopter Night Rating Flight Training
The regulations require that you must have a night rating if you fly a helicopter 30 mins after sunset or 30 minutes before sunrise with or without passengers. A night rating can be very useful if you are running a bit late on the way to your landing site. It can be a good
Once acquired the night rating is valid on all types of helicopters on your pilot’s licence.
* 100 hours of flight time as pilot of helicopters after the issue of a PPL(H).
* 60 hours PIC of helicopters
* 20 hours of cross country flight
The Night Rating Helicopter Training Course
* 5 hours of theoretical knowledge instruction
* 10 hours dual instrument instruction (this is additional to any other instrument flying you have acquired previously)
* 5 hours of helicopter night training, including 3 hours dual instruction and 5 solo night circuits. Each circuit shall include a take-off and landing
* The course must be completed within 6 months.
Once the Night Rating is on your licence you must do 3 take-offs and landings within the previous 90 days in order to take passengers with you.
If you are considering the CPL(H) qualification then the night rating is combined with the Commercial Training Course.
Please have a look at what some of my students have said about my previous Helicopter Night Rating Training Courses.
Do these credentials inspire confidence in my ability to help you qualify for a helicopter licence? If so please ring me now on 07900 680859 or please click on the learn more button. Either way I'll happy to answer any questions which you might have.